Interests2Enjoy Volunteer (Online Book Club Facilitator)
Do you love reading? Do you love sharing the adventure of books with others? Would you like to facilitate a Book Club but don’t have a lot of time to spare? We are seeking Book Club Facilitator to host our online Book Club for 2 hours per week.
You will be instrumental in transporting isolated and loneliness seniors back to a lost world, embark on a new adventure or go back to another time and place, all through our Interests2Enjoy Online Book Club.
About the role
- Facilitating experience is not required. Ideally applicants will feel confident using Zoom (or willing to learn). The Facilitator’s role is to encourage group discussion to help share what the club members are reading. The facilitator can invite participants to share exerts from the books they are reading and to join in with the conversation.
- The Book Club participant can choose their own book to bring along to each session. The club is about sharing the love of books, ideas, recommendations and highlights.
- Inclusee Facilitator training is available. However, it is not mandatory for you to complete.
- Online Clubs typically run during business hours Monday-Friday but early evening sessions may be considered.
You will be provided with optional training, have access to free telephone counselling, optional online Mental Health training with Lifeline and regular support.
Besides having amazing communication skills and a patient and kind demeanour, applicants will need to:
- Be comfortable in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
- Be 18 years+ due to insurance purposes.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check. Inclusee will support you through this process.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- Days and times to be negotiated.
Run your very own online Book Club and share your love of reading with isolated and lonely seniors!