Interests2Enjoy Volunteer (Online Gardening Club Facilitator)
Share the joy of gardening with participants across QLD, NSW and VIC by becoming a Gardening Club Facilitator!
We are excited to announce the launch of the Inclusee online Gardening Club! We are seeking a volunteer to conduct 2-hour weekly Zoom sessions, for small groups of participants who have an interest in gardening.
About the role
In this role you will be sharing your joy and interest in all things gardening. Each week, you will be responsible for preparing content for the 2-hour session. This might include taking participants on a virtual tour of your local nursery, tour of your garden, researching images and care tips for various plants. As a facilitator you will ensure all participants have an opportunity to partake in the club and feel included.
- Interest/love of gardening. Due to the nature of this club, volunteers should have a green thumb.
- Facilitating experience is not required. Ideally applicants will feel confident using Zoom (or willing to learn).
- Patient, empathetic and a good listener.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Inclusee Facilitator training is available. However, it is not mandatory for you to complete.
- Online Clubs typically run during business hours Monday-Friday but early evening sessions may be considered. Days and times to be negotiated with the successful volunteer.
You will be provided with optional training, have access to free telephone counselling, optional online Mental Health training with Lifeline and regular support.
Besides having amazing communication skills and a patient and kind demeanour, applicants will need to:
- Be comfortable in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
- Be 18 years+ due to insurance purposes.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check. Inclusee will support you through this process.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- Days and times to be negotiated.