Connect2You Volunteer (Digital Drop in Chat)
We are looking for Volunteer Facilitators to join our Virtual Community Centre and support isolated and lonely seniors. If you love interacting with people, have 2 hours per week to donate, excellent listening skills and love having a chat, then this is the role for you!
About the role
As an Connect2You volunteer, you are responsible for providing connection and conversation. Shifts are a minimum of 2 hours per week across Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. We are happy to work around your availability. In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Being online and available to chat with Inclusee participants if/when they drop-in
- Facilitate discussion and use conversation starters as required
- Ensure everyone has an opportunity to chat, share their memories and experiences
- Logging shifts and completing monthly support email
You will be provided with training, have access to free telephone counselling, optional online Mental Health training with Lifeline and regular support with a dedicated Volunteer Support Officer.
Besides having amazing communication skills and a patient and kind demeanour, applicants will need to:
- Be comfortable in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
- Be 18 years+ due to insurance purposes.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check. Inclusee will support you through this process.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- Days and times to be negotiated.
This is your opportunity to change the lives of people who feel disconnected with a meaningful role with minimum time commitment.