Connect2One Volunteer (Digital Visiting)
Do you have a minimum of 1 hour per week to brighten the life of a senior? Connect2One is our digital visiting program where an Inclusee volunteer connects with their matched participant on a weekly basis to chat and check-in. This program creates a place where they feel valued and can belong, a place for social companionship where the participant and volunteer can have a friendly catch up.
About the role
As an Connect2One volunteer, you are responsible for providing connection, conversation and companionship via weekly Skype visits with an assigned senior. Skype calls can be made outside of business hours, including weekends as agreeable with your assigned match.
- Chatting, listening to their stories, playing games, reading and providing companionship.
- Participating in online induction, training and ongoing development and virtual reward and recognition events.
- Working in a safe manner
- Adhering to the organisation’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will be provided with training, have access to free telephone counselling, optional online Mental Health training with Lifeline, regular support and an opportunity to attend our two-day virtual volunteer conference later in the year!
Besides having amazing communication skills and a patient and kind demeanour, applicants will need to:
- Be comfortable in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
- Be 18 years+ due to insurance purposes.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check. Inclusee will support you through this process.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- Days and times to be negotiated.
This is your opportunity to change the lives of people who feel disconnected with a meaningful role with minimum time commitment.