Face2Face (In-Home Visiting) Volunteer
Face2Face In-Home Visiting volunteers provide connection, conversation and companionship to an assigned senior, through weekly visits in the senior’s home or aged care / residential facility. Listen, laugh and learn together! Volunteers will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required.
At Inclusee, we are building a community where everyone feels valued and comfortable to join in and connect on their terms, whilst reducing isolation and loneliness for seniors. We enable, empower, engage and have a volunteer program that truly values and recognises the impact of our volunteers in building community.
About the role
As an In-Home Visiting volunteer, you are responsible for providing social connection and companionship with your matched senior for 1 hour per week. This includes:
- Conducting weekly visits in the participant’s place of residence (this may include Aged Care and Residential facilities).
- Chatting, listening to their stories, playing games, reading and providing companionship.
- Participating in online induction, training and ongoing development and virtual reward and recognition events.
- Working in a safe manner
- Adhering to the organisation’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will be provided with training, have access to free telephone counselling, optional online Mental Health training with Lifeline, regular support and an opportunity to attend our two-day virtual volunteer conference later in the year!
Besides having amazing communication skills and a patient and kind demeanour, applicants will need to:
- Be comfortable in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
- Be 18 years+ due to insurance purposes.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check. Inclusee will support you through this process.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- Days and times to be negotiated.
This is your opportunity to change the lives of people who feel disconnected with a meaningful role with minimum time commitment.