Face2Face Volunteer (Ormiston, QLD)
We are seeking a mature female volunteer for our Face2Face In-Home Visiting program. Our female participant enjoys crafts, board games, baking/cooking and sports. She is seeking a volunteer with similar interests.
At Inclusee, we are building a community where everyone feels valued and comfortable to join in and connect on their terms, whilst reducing isolation and loneliness for seniors. We enable, empower, engage and have a volunteer program that truly values and recognises the impact of our volunteers in building community.
About the role
As an In-Home Visiting volunteer, you are responsible for providing social connection and companionship with your matched senior for 1 hour per week. This includes:
- Conducting weekly visits in the participant’s place of residence (this may include Aged Care and Residential facilities).
- Chatting, listening to their stories, playing games, reading and providing companionship.
- Participating in online induction, training and ongoing development and virtual reward and recognition events.
- Working in a safe manner
- Adhering to the organisation’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required.
As well as making a valuable impact in the life of an isolated and lonely senior, you will be supported with ongoing development (including Lifeline Online Training), access to EAP, opportunity to attend our annual Volunteer Summit and be part of an organisation that values and respects the time of our volunteers.
Besides having amazing communication skills and a patient and kind demeanour, applicants will need to:
- Be comfortable in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
- Be 18 years+ due to insurance purposes.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check. Inclusee will support you through this process.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- Days and times to be negotiated.
This is your opportunity to change the lives of people who feel disconnected with a meaningful role with minimum time commitment.