Learn2Tech Volunteer (Greek speaking Digital Mentors)
Support Greek speaking seniors to increase their digital skills and independence through weekly digital mentoring sessions to build their confidence using digital technology.
About the role
- Do you speak fluent Greek?
- Do you love technology?
- Do you have 1 hour per week to help seniors increase their digital skills and confidence?
Learn2Tech Digital Mentoring volunteers provide weekly volunteer one-on-one mentoring sessions with their matched participant, via telephone and remote access software TeamViewer.
No advanced IT skills required. Most mentoring requests from participants are to learn how to use their Samsung Android Tablet, send emails, learn social media, how to do Google searches and using Youtube.
This also includes:
- Participating in online induction, training and ongoing development and virtual reward and recognition events.
- Working in a safe manner
- Adhering to the organisation’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will be provided with training, have access to free telephone counselling, optional online Mental Health training with Lifeline, regular support and an opportunity to attend our two-day virtual volunteer conference later in the year!
Besides having amazing communication skills and a patient and kind demeanour, applicants will need to:
- Be comfortable in engaging in small talk and conversation starters.
- Be 18 years+ due to insurance purposes.
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
- Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check. Inclusee will support you through this process.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the aged sector is ideal but not essential.
- Days and times to be negotiated.
This is your opportunity to change the lives of people who feel disconnected with a meaningful role with minimum time commitment.