Connect2You Volunteer (Digital Drop in Chat)
Online Volunteer Opportunity!
Could you be the friend that an older adult eagerly looks forward to connecting with each week? Our Connect2One program enables you, as an Inclusee volunteer, to lend an ear and share a laugh during an online catch-up with your matched participant.
Together, we can transform loneliness into companionship, establishing a space where every participant and volunteer feels valued and connected.
We’re a not-for-profit charity that helps older Australians and First Nations people connect with volunteers through online programs. We create virtual communities where people can interact and support each other.
Are you ready to enrich your life and theirs? This could be your perfect volunteering opportunity.
As an online Volunteer, your role will involve:
- Being online and available to chat with Inclusee participants if/when they drop-in
- Facilitate discussion and use conversation starters as required
- Ensure everyone has an opportunity to chat, share their memories and experiences
- Logging shifts and completing monthly support emails
- Shifts are 2 hours per week during business hours (Monday – Friday 8am-5pm).
What You’ll Need:
- Your own laptop/computer, internet access and antivirus software
- Positive, proactive, and friendly demeanour
Show your interest, apply below:
This volunteer opportunity allows you to contribute from the comfort of your home. To ensure the safety of our participants, you must be willing to apply for a National Police Check (we’ll support you with this) and be 18 years or older due to insurance purposes. Don’t worry, we provide full support and offer online training.
Inclusee is Centrelink approved and can assist applicants requiring mutual obligations.
If this particular role doesn’t spark your passion, no worries! We have a collection of volunteer opportunities across many interests and passions. Find your perfect fit among our volunteer vacancies here.