Learn2Tech Volunteer (Greek speaking Digital Mentors)
Online Volunteer Opportunity!
Imagine bringing joy and confidence to Greek-speaking participants by guiding them in their digital journey. As a Learn2Tech volunteer, you can bridge the digital divide for our older Australian community, allowing them to connect, learn, and flourish in today’s digital world.
We’re a not-for-profit charity that helps older Australians and First Nations people connect with volunteers through online programs. We create virtual communities where people can interact and support each other.
Utilising your Greek language skills and your passion for technology, you could be the beacon of hope our participants are looking for.
**Please note that we specifically require Greek-speaking women for our women participants, ensuring a comfortable and effective match.
As an online Volunteer, your role will involve:
- Conduct weekly one-on-one mentoring sessions with your matched participant via Microsoft Teams.
- Assisting participants with a variety of tech requests, including how to use their device, send emails, navigate social media, conduct Google searches, and use YouTube. No advanced IT skills are required – just patience and a friendly attitude!
- Participating in online induction, training, ongoing professional development, and virtual reward and recognition events to ensure you’re well-equipped for your role.
- Working in a manner that ensures your safety and that of your participant.
- Adhering to Inclusee’s policies, procedures, and guidelines.
As an Inclusee volunteer, you can access free telephone counselling, optional online Mental Health training with Lifeline and regular support with a dedicated Volunteer Support Officer.
New to online volunteering? No worries! We provide remote training to help you hit the ground running.
What You’ll Need:
- Your own laptop/computer, internet access and antivirus software
- Positive, proactive, and friendly demeanour
Show your interest, apply below:
This volunteer opportunity allows you to contribute from the comfort of your home. To ensure the safety of our participants, you must be willing to apply for a National Police Check (we’ll support you with this) and be 18 years or older due to insurance purposes. Don’t worry, we provide full support and offer online training.
Inclusee is Centrelink approved and can assist applicants requiring mutual obligations.
If this particular role doesn’t spark your passion, no worries! We have a collection of volunteer opportunities across many interests and passions. Find your perfect fit among our volunteer vacancies here.